Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Welcome to the world baby Zoey!

Our little family is complete, our newest bundle of joy joined us on Sept 3 at 11:26 pm, weighing in at 6lb 8oz and a whole 19" long... (I call her my precious little runt, as shes the smallest of all my babies, BUT she did come 2 weeks early ;))


This is my little Zoey Payton!

I was SO happy she was here, but of course the thoughts started going through my head while waiting to be released from hospital  "how are my other 2 going to react?" "will they be good with her?" "will there be lots of tantrums?"

I was mostly worried about my little man most because he was used to be the baby of the family, and the last few weeks has become very much a mommy's boy! We did tell him on different occasions that he was going to be a big brother to start getting him ready for what was going to happen, but the true test was when the baby was born and we came home! 

The moment of truth came, when they arrived at the hospital he climbed onto the bed, and I got the biggest "mommy" and hug =) which truly can melt anyone's heart! He then realized there was a baby in the room, and got a little quiet, and stayed close to me! That was when I was praying he would adjust ok... I guess I knew deep down he would be just fine!!

Well let me say I was SHOCKED when we got home, and saw how they reacted to her! They couldn't get enough of her, it was a matter of minutes before they were fighting over who's baby she was.. lol.. All I could hear is "no mine baby sister" from both.. I knew at that moment they were both going to be fine with her!! Ill be honest, we still have moments where they get a little sad and crying (mostly Max) and just need us to pay more attention to them, and some cuddles!

It's been a week since we brought her home, and boy do both Vanessa and Maximus LOVE their sister, they enjoy cuddling with her, giving her kisses, trying to feed her, or just talking to her even if she can't talk back!!!

I see the bond that Vanessa and Max already have and can't wait to see the bond that will develop with Zoey when she gets older! =)
Everyday I wake up to all 3 of their faces makes me feel beyond blessed I got chosen by God to be their mommy! 
The 3 of them complete my life, and make me smile and feel loved each day! 

 Maximus and baby Zoey, enjoying some cuddling time
 Vanessa and Maximus with baby Zoey
Vanessa and baby Zoey on the day we came home

No comments:

Post a Comment