Friday, May 24, 2013

Crazy bedtime routines

Most nights in our house bedtime routines are SO crazy and take FOREVER..so by the time both kiddos are in bed sleeping, I am ready to head to bed myself.. sadly getting no "quiet mommy time" to relax =( but tonight was SO different =)

In our house we try and start bedtime routines at 730pm by getting jammies on, a small bedtime snack, brushing of teeth, trip to the potty.. and then we try to read a story but it usually ends up with the kids running around  and end up sitting quietly watching cartoons, and should be sleeping at the latest by 830.. Sounds great hey.. oh yeah.. but it NEVER works out this way.. =( 

Well by 830 Max is usually in his crib sleeping, but when it comes to keeping vanessa in her bed its like telling the rivers to stop flowing.. (needless to say it doesnt work unless shes super tired, which doesnt happen often.. a total shock to me with the amount or lack of sleep she gets and all the running around she does during a day) 


Vanessa thinks that she should get to stay up like mommy does... it so frustrating that I end up just telling her to go to my room and watch cartoons until she falls asleep.. not the best solution to the problem, but after a long day its the solution that seems to work.. its just to bad it takes so LONG for her to fall asleep.. I end up tidying up, getting ready for bed, and end up cuddling with her..  FINALLY she's sleeping at 11pm when  I can move her to her room, and go to sleep myself....

Well tonight I am thinking that all those nights of getting a lack of sleep caught up to her as she was sleeping by 715 and in her bed with jammies on by 730.. YAY =) and my little man in bed by 8pm as he had a bad night last night.. 

In total shock that at 8pm my house was quiet, and of course my hubby was getting ready to head off to work..I was trying to decide what to do with my time, as I know that these nights dont come along very often.. I finally decided that my laundry can wait, and I would put my feet up and RELAX

To all those mommies who has little ones you know how great it feels when you can finally get that few hours of quiet time where you can enjoy a cup of tea, coffee.. or whatever it is you enjoy drinking.. heck say a glass of wine..... watch some mommy TV and possibly enjoy the smell of a lit candle... 

Well my evening has ended up with cup of coffee, a Mia Bella candle, and watching some TV... best part I am enjoying all this in silence.. no yelling, crying.. no nothing, just the sound of the TV... Yay

Well I am off to enjoy the rest of my evening, before heading to bed at an early hour =) 

A super happy relaxing mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment