Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mommy Time?

With it being so crazy in my house the past few weeks Mommy time isn't something that I get the luxury of, so when I do get it I take full advantage of it! Don't get me wrong I do get my 5 minute showers everyday, and in that time I shower, and get dressed, brush my teeth and walking back out the bathroom to get my daughter from her bed, so does that count as mommy time? I personally don't think so. =( 

And now that naps are somewhat existent in my house I don't get the hour or 2 that I used to get in the afternoon. So between 9am and 9pm, mommy doesn't get anytime for herself. And when I do put Vanessa down for the night, I get started on cleaning up toys, or putting laundry away, or finishing the dishes and then by this time I will sit for a little work on some orders and than before I know it, I am  looking at almost 11pm and am ready for bed the next day! 

So I decided that last night I was not going to finish the few dishes, or clean up the toys because they would just be on the floor again today but go lock myself in my room, and RELAX.. that's right, this mommy got to relax! I put my feet up with a glass of wine, and watched TV, nothing really interesting on to watch but it was still nice to watch something other than cartoons that I have seen 50 times now. 

Today I told my hubby that we needed to go get tanning minutes because I will then know that this mommy will get mommy times a couple times a week, and come out with a pretty good tan. And with the weather getting nice maybe even go for walks and get some fresh air, and maybe even trow my daughter in the jogging stroller and go rollerblading. 
I guess the only way that any mommy can get mommy time I have learned is if you put and effort and make time. Mommy time doesn't come on its own, you have to make money time, if the dishes don't get put away or the laundry put away... oh well you can do it the next day, take that time and relax, because you do need it! 

Till we talk again <3 to all

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Glad to hear you got some "you" time. That tanning thing sure does sound good though, I never thought of it as a relaxing way to dodge the kidlets and have some mommy time! I just might have to try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do it all the time before Ness was born, a great way to spend like 6 mins of piece and quiet! I love it =)

    ReplyDelete